找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 565|回复: 5

2010年AFF影展"Main Street"粉絲影評

[复制链接]
Anniek 发表于 2010-10-23 19:22:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
開花的戲份和發揮不錯。電影用很多空間去發展角色的故事,不過看慣動作片的觀眾可能會嫌節奏稍慢。(其實所有好故事,都需要時間去鋪排角色的發展吧:-p)

Well, hubby and I made it to Main Street in Austin last night!
We were running late, and I was afraid that we would not be able to get tickets, but we were able to slip in.
And I'm so glad that we did!

I thought that it was wonderful.
Very Horton Foote-ish.  Quiet, character driven and very much an insightful glimpse into a slice of life of a declining Southern town.

I think that I enjoyed it more than my husband.  It was a little slow paced at times (my only real criticism) and he doesn't do well with that type of film.  But he laughed in the right spots (yes, there is quite a bit of humor) and said that  he liked it in the end.

I love Ellen Burstyn.  Always have.  And she was wonderful as the centerpiece of the story.  Her character is having a hard time dealing with the changes that are coming to her life.  And she has no one to turn to but her niece Willa, played by Patricia Clarkson, who can say more with a look, than most people can say with a full page of dialog.  She was SO good, and the source of much of the humor.  Her 'side eye' is lethal. LOL!

Amber Tamblyn was also very good in her role of a young, small town girl who just wants to get OUT.  Any way she can.

Colin Firth was actually very believable as a fast talkin', just this side of slimy, Texas businessman.  His accent was quite good, incorporating a few regional variations that made it sound like he had moved around the state a bit, just as his character claimed.
Love him, too.

Now for Orlando....
Well, remember that interview where he stayed in character, displaying his North Carolina accent??  Remember how that made us cringe just a bit??  Well, throw that out the window, because in the film he nails it (at least to these Texan ears).  It's absolutely Southern, but sounds much more authentic and believable.  Not forced at all.
And he was great as Officer Parker!
Really!
He was very believable as young cop, frustrated with the demands of his mother, work and school, all along trying his best to win back the girl that got away.
He was sweet, charming, funny and commanding when the need arose.
And as much as I hate that damn hair cut, it really shows off his eyes.  And those eyes will just about kill you in one scene especially.
:*(
He is also on screen for far longer than I had imagined.  I was afraid that it would be more of a cameo role, but he has quite a bit of screen time.  I could be wrong, but I think that he is actually on screen as much as Colin.
He should be very proud of his performance in this one.
*applauds*

To summarize....
I thought that it was a very good film,  But with it's sometimes slow pace, many people just won't have the patience to see the story, or to let the characters develop.
I really liked it.  But maybe with a bit of editing, I would love it.
Would I recommend it?
Oh hell yeah!

source: http://community.livejournal.com/obdiscussion/101775.html by Frazzled rock@LJ
 楼主| Anniek 发表于 2010-10-23 21:36:14 | 显示全部楼层
OT:在Lulu的的圍脖看到了開花的腰線圖,忍不住要貼了。只有一張圖就不開新貼了。~~

likeasong 发表于 2010-10-26 12:24:51 | 显示全部楼层
hoho, 这小腰,虽然被挡住了不少。
希望电影快点上映,Colin Firth我也很喜欢。
likeasong 发表于 2010-10-26 12:29:02 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 likeasong 于 2010-10-27 07:35 编辑

另外影评里所说当年他的美国南方口音,应该是在Jay Leno的节目里。我当时也觉得实在是⋯⋯。看到这里说他大有长进,真是心里一喜。台词功力能给角色加分很多。Meryl Streep当然是当中翘楚,学什么像什么⋯⋯
死人脸 发表于 2010-10-26 21:40:25 | 显示全部楼层
南方口音神马的。只要不像伊丽莎白镇里那样……我就觉得很好了
dongdong 发表于 2010-10-29 12:55:02 | 显示全部楼层
我的烂英语啊,努力把写开花的那段看了,看了感觉很安慰,期待DVD。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|白树开花同人论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 00:45 , Processed in 0.113457 second(s), 14 queries .